REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES: FACILITIES ASSISTANTS
The incumbent will be responsible for the overall management, maintenance and security of all buildings under the purview of the Ministry of Community Development.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and ensures on-going maintenance and repairs to buildings and installation of equipment/systems where applicable.
- Supervises procurement and maintenance upgrades of facilities under the purview of the Ministry of Community Development
- Prepares annual budgets for facility use and maintenance
- Maintains accurate records of the conditions of equipment and other systems in buildings under the ambit of the Ministry of Community Development
- Ensures that work and the operation of equipment is in accordance with Ministry’s safety procedures/OSHA guidelines and reports any unsafe work condition or practice to the Technical Director.
- Monitors/Manage the work to be implemented by staff or contractors to ensure that work is completed satisfactorily and follows up on any deficiencies identified.
- Performs periodic assessments on all of the Ministry’s buildings to ensure optimal operability of plant and equipment especially in the areas of electrical/air conditioning and plumbing
- Develops and implements facilities management policies, standards and procedures in alignment with accommodation standards and guidelines and health and safety legislation
- Documents the scope of existing and potential office and operation accommodation for the Ministry of Community Development
- Manages and develops Requests for Proposals for matters related to Facilities Management
- Ensures that all buildings completed for the purpose of Community Centers etc have a suitable environment for members of the Community and their activities
Performs other tasks as may be requested and required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of facilities and grounds management
- Knowledge of health and safety standards as enunciated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA)
- Considerable knowledge of state-of-the-art equipment available as it applied to the Construction/Facilities section
- Ability to develop and implement programmes associated with facilities and grounds management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- $1Must be computer literate with proficiencies in Microsoft word, excel and Maintenance Management Software
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Extensive experience in facilities management and training as evidenced by a BSc degree in Management or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- A diploma in Facilities Management will be an asset
- At least five (5) years experience in building maintenance