Dr. the Honourable Lincoln Douglas, Minister of the Arts and Multiculturalism
Soca Monarch Prize Distribution and Award Ceremony
Hosted by the Caribbean Prestige Foundation for the Performing Arts,
Monday March 11, 2013
Venue: Hyatt Regency Trinidad
- Mr. William Munro, Executive Chairman of the Caribbean Prestige Foundation for the Performing Arts
- CONGRATULATE THE ORGANIZERS: Congratulate the Caribbean Prestige Foundation for the Performing Arts for another successful staging of the Soca Monarch Competitions – Play Whe International Power Soca Monarch, Digicel International Groovy Soca Monarch.
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION OF EVENT: Commend the organizers on the high standard of planning and execution of the event. The International Soca Monarch Competition has maintained its position as the biggest ‘Soca Show on Earth’ and one of the premier events for Trinidad and Tobago Carnival.
- COMMEND ALL SPONSORS: The generous support of the Sponsors ensured that the standard of the Soca Monarch Competitions was increased, and is integral to the continued growth of the event.
- RECOGNIZE THE HIGH STANDARD OF PERFORMANCES: The 2013 edition of the Soca Monarch Competitions saw every artiste lifting their game delivering some of the best performances in the history of the event. Their efforts must be acknowledged.
- INCREASED INTERNATIONAL ATTENTION: The Soca Monarch Competitions continue to attract increased international attention to Soca music and Trinidad and Tobago Carnival. This is due to a collaborative effort spearheaded by Mr. William Munroe and the Caribbean Prestige Foundation.
- CONTINUED COLLABORATION IN KEY AREAS:
- More intensive and strategic international marketing campaigns
- More enhanced audience experience
- Venue and logistical support
- Archiving and documentation
- RECOGNIZE PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR EVENT AND ARTFORM: Undoubtedly, the biggest success of the Soca Monarch Competitions is the increased support from the public. This continues to grow and is a firm assurance that the future of Soca is bright.
- PLEDGE OF CONTINUED SUPPORT: The Ministry of the Arts and Multiculturalism remains a committed partner in the future staging of the International Soca Monarch Competitions.